The Regional Centre for Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect Program has specialized nurses, sensitive to your needs, who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We offer prompt, confidential, and individualized care and treatment. We also offer the following emergency services and choices, 24 hours a day, for survivors of recent domestic assault:
- Care and treatment of injuries (x-rays, ice pack, cast, stitches)
- A safe, quiet and private place
- Documentation and photography of injuries
- Referral to counselling and other community services
- A follow-up phone call and visit within three days
If you know someone who can’t control their outbursts, or if you think there’s a chance they may harm a child, physically or emotionally, contact your local child protection agency immediately.
Violence is never okay. No one, child or adult, has the right to cause a child physical or emotional pain. Getting the right kind of help can provide children with the support they need to help the abuse stop.
Download our printable brochure ()